Our team is currently composed of 35 people from different backgrounds, cultures and experiences. The R&D department (22 people) is divided into a research-oriented part (IRDUAC department) and a product development-oriented part (ECFEEM department). This recruitment is part of the “Physics and Instrumentation” competence pole within the IRDUAC department; its objective is to reinforce the skills of the current team in physics and instrumentation, and to increase the resources for new product development projects.
The company aims to expand its WAINMAG product line of magnetometers based on the Nitrogen Vacancy-NV technology of diamond. The NV crystal defect in diamond is an artificial atom whose quantum properties can be exploited for high-precision measurements of magnetic fields, via the interaction of the diamond crystal with electromagnetic fields (laser and microwave). The research engineer will have the following missions
- Lead the instrumental developments related to NV magnetometry activities within the IRDUAC group: test bench assembly, performance evaluation, specification writing;
- Identify the key subsystems to be developed, in conjunction with the company’s ECFEEM group (in electronics, mechanics, photonics, IT, etc.) and produce the corresponding documentation;
- Ensure the proper documentation of the research work carried out (experimental and modeling reports, maintenance of the necessary numerical codes, digital archiving);
- Interact with the applied mathematicians of the IRDUAC group to develop appropriate models to improve the performance of sensors for the applications envisaged by the Company;
- Understand the application environment of the technology line developed by the Company, in interaction with the project leader and the EMPOPS group (Market Research for Products and Services), in particular on the use of magnetometers in the field of Instrumentation and Non Destructive Testing. Produce the corresponding application notes;
- Participate in exchanges within the IRDUAC group of WAINVAM-E; strengthen the company’s academic collaborations; participate in international conferences; participate in the writing of technical notes for internal and external use, publications and patents;
- Conduct a scientific and technological watch on the field of NV center sensors and their potential applications, and write technological orientation documents for the R&D department;
- Propose and participate in the recruitment of personnel deemed necessary in the event of an increase in workload related to the research and development activities of NV sensors;
- Supervise interns, apprentices, young researchers or engineers joining the project team;
- Propose hardware and software investments necessary for the proper conduct of the activity.
We are looking for someone with a PhD in experimental quantum physics; experience in sensor research and quantum metrology is a plus, as well as experience in the development of diamond NV center sensors. Additional post-doctoral experience (in academic or industrial research) is appreciated. The ability to work in a team and to present one’s work (written and oral) is essential, as well as a good level of English.
We expect an organized, motivated, curious, rigorous, creative person, capable of evolving in a multidisciplinary and fast-growing environment. International experience is a plus.
Send your CV and a letter describing your experience and motivation for the job to [email protected] with the following reference « WVE-PC-IRD/202209 » in the subject of your email.
Permanent contract, 39 hours per week, under French law.
Ploemeur (56), Brittany, France.
WAINVAM-E offers competitive salaries based on experience to encourage motivated and creative people to contribute to its success.
As an employee, you have the opportunity to become a shareholder in the company.
Proficiency in English.
As soon as possible