1 rue Galilée, Espace Innova,
Parc Technologique de Soye
56270 Plœmeur, FRANCE
Discover the EVADIA-NDF solution
and choose the functionalisation of your nano-diamonds!
WAINVAM-E develops the EVADIA-NDF solution, a range of functionalised nanodiamonds with NV centres. Functionalisation of nanodiamonds means modifying their surface to allow binding with chemicals or biomolecules to improve their properties and to bind them precisely to targeted locations.
We offer nanodiamonds in solution, functionalised with polyethylene glycol (PEG) molecules, and are working on other functionalisations for the detection of various pathogens (dengue fever, bacteria responsible of the Lyme disease), of various biomarkers (such as biomarkers of lung cancer) and of various chemicals (antibiotics for example).
PEGs are a class of biocompatible carbon chains frequently used in chemistry and biology.
The length of the carbon chain and the terminal chemical group can be adapted to the needs. With this PEG function, it will be possible to link your molecule of choice onto the nanodiamonds to form a fluorescent and photo-stable conjugate.
EVADIA-PEG fluorescent nano-diamonds can be used in physiological environments
- As markers: The conjugate formed by your molecule fixed on the nano diamonds can be used as fluorescent marker to detect or track other target molecules
- As sensors: The molecule to be fixed on the nano diamond can be chosen so that the nano diamonds are directed to a specific area. There, the properties of the NV center nanodiamonds can be used to measure the variation of physical parameters such magnetic field.
- As carriers: The nanodiamond can be used as a carrier of your active molecule (for e.g., a drug) fixed on it via the PEG linker.
Sizes: 70, 100 or 140 nm
Available PEG amine chain lengths: ~5, 10, 23, 44
Volumes: 5 or 10mL (suspension in deionized water)
Concentration: 1 mg/mL
Guaranteed stability: 6 months
Storage conditions: 4° C
Shipping conditions: 4°C, box with ice pad
On demand, we can customize your PEG (e.g. PEG acid, PEG azide with different chain lengths)
the EVADIA-NDF solution
In the EVADIA-NDF solution, the fluorescent nano-diamonds are functionalised with streptavidin molecules.
Streptavidin is a protein that has a high affinity for biotin. Biotin is a coenzyme present in all living species that can bind to different molecules of interest. Therefore, EVADIA-NDF functionalised nano-diamonds allow the binding to biotin molecules, to serve as markers and transporters in physiological environments.
EVADIA-NDF fluorescent nano-diamonds can be used in physiological environments
- As markers to label and detect your molecule of interest.
- As transporters, to deliver a molecule of interest to a specific site.